5 Tips For Potty Training
HOW TO PREPARE FOR POTTY TRAINING
1. Make sure your child is ready
There is no one right or wrong potty training age. Clues to look out for: your child telling you that they have a wet/dirty nappy, they tell you when they are doing it or they go somewhere private to have a wee or a poo.
2. Choose a time that’s right for you
Make sure you have time for washing, tidying up, etc and be prepared for accidents. It’s a good idea to make a list of needed equipment to make this journey stress free.
3. Keep a potty in the bathroom and another one in a room
Encourage your child to sit on it a few times a day. If potty is on a carpet, make sure the area around the potty is covered with a waterproof mat in case of any spillages.
4. Prepare lots of clothes changes
Clothes should be easy to take off and put on.
5. Cover the bed and sofa with waterproof mats
A waterproof mat will save you a lot of washing and tidying up and protect your furniture. Make sure to choose a safe option such as the PeapodMats.
Glad you asked. There are a few things to consider:
1. Make sure it’s safe! Many widely available mattress protectors/waterproof pads contain PVC which is linked to many serious illnesses including asthma.
2. It has to be comfortable. PVC mattress protectors are crinkly and uncomfortable. You need something that’s pleasant and soft to sleep on, especially because many children have very sensitive skin.
3. It needs to stay in place all night to make sure your child is comfortable and the bed protected.
4. It should be absorbent. You need a product that absorbs wee fast! The last thing you want is a child sitting in a puddle of wee.
5. It should be easy to change and quick drying. PeapodMats are very easy to look after and they dry fast! It’s as easy as looking after a terry cotton towel but with all the above benefits!
CHECK OUR FAVOURITE MATS