Glad you asked. There are a few things to consider:
1. Make sure it’s safe! Many widely available mattress protectors/waterproof pads contain PVC which is linked to many serious illnesses including asthma.
2. It has to be comfortable. PVC mattress protectors are crinkly and uncomfortable. You need something that’s pleasant and soft to sleep on, especially because many children have very sensitive skin.
3. It needs to stay in place all night to make sure your child is comfortable and the bed protected.
4. It should be absorbent. You need a product that absorbs wee fast! The last thing you want is a child sitting in a puddle of wee.
5. It should be easy to change and quick drying. PeapodMats are very easy to look after and they dry fast! It’s as easy as looking after a terry cotton towel but with all the above benefits!