How To Look After Your Child's Mattress 🛏️
Your little one's mattress is an investment and one of the most important pieces of furniture in your home. Here are some tips on how to look after your child's mattress so they (and you!) can enjoy a good night's sleep for years to come 😴
1. Avoid jumping on the bed to reduce lumps and bumps.
2. Vacuum it regularly to get rid of dust and dust mites.
3. Keep it dry. Kids often go to bed with milk and other drinks. Spillages happen. If you have to wash the stains, try to get them dry as soon as possible as moisture creates mould. Protect the mattress from spillages with a safe mattress protector.
4. Protect the mattress from bedwetting accidents, during potty training and from leaky nappies. Regular bedwetting and cleaning can quickly ruin the mattress. Having a good washable bed pad that will save you from buying a new mattress.
5. If you want to get rid of smells from the mattress, you can sprinkle some baking soda on the tainted area. Allow 20 minutes for the powder to absorb any smells, then hoover it up.
6. Choose a safe and comfortable washable bed pad. Frequent washing can damage the mattress so protecting it with a waterproof mat is key. It will also save you from having to change the entire bedding in the middle of the night. 🥱
Although PVC mattress protectors may be cheaper, they're not the best choice. They're noisy, cause sweating and overheating, not to mention that PVC can be toxic.
PeapodMats are reusable waterproof mats that lay flat on top of bedsheets. Thanks to their unique structure they are 100% waterproof and stay in place all night long.
Thanks to all that, they save you time and worry!